When I opened the back door I could smell the corn. What a difference a day makes. Farmers have one chance every growing season. Sometimes it goes right and sometimes it goes wrong. Our crops were planted early this spring because of beautiful weather. But then we hit a long, dry spell. The first measurable rainfall fell in our area on the 4th of July… it postponed the local fireworks display, but lifted the hopes of many area farmers. You can smell the corn today and that’s good. You can see the difference as well. Stay tuned for the rest of the season…
About Life in the 50’s and Retired Ruth
Blogs I Follow
- Childhood Memories of growing up in the 1950s and 1960s.
- The Brick House
- Enchanted Seashells by Princess Rosebud
- Sean of the South
- Writing By Laura
- Kaggsy's Bookish Ramblings
- Writing and Illustrating
- The Bipolar Writer Mental Health Blog
- What's Nonfiction?
- Grab the Lapels
- Fatima Fakier
- Roth Poetry
- Smorgasbord Blog Magazine
- Seoul Sister
- Extraordinary Sunshine Weaver
No Instagram images were found.