I am stuck in a time warp when it comes to music. That time warp includes almost exclusively 60’s music Over the years I seriously tried to keep up when my kids got into music…. I listened to Poison, White Snake, Aerosmith; then it was Weezer, The Presidents of the United States, and Alan Jackson… by the time my third and final child came along, I was quickly falling out of the loop. Besides finally one of my kids liked the oldies.
I know I should diversify a little bit … but I just keep coming back to the music of the 60’s and 70’s because… well I already know the lyrics!
So…. Just to have a little fun (it IS Friday, you know) I thought I would let you all take a little music quiz. It’s probably way too easy, but maybe it will jar your memory a little and maybe you can just have fun with it.
The first blogger to identify all the songs and the artist who made the song famous will be the winner.
And (drum roll) the winner will receive a CD of Retired Ruth’s Favorite Hits! I know. That’s probably not a great prize. After all, everyone has Spotify, Itunes, Pandora and Sirius Radio so who even listens to CD’s anymore????
Sorry it’s the best and cheapest idea I could come up with. 🙂
So here goes. These are some of my favorite lyrics.. Tell me the name of the song and who performed it. (and yes sometimes there were several artists who performed it)
1. There ain’t no coup de ville hiding at the bottom of a cracker jack box
2. You can spend all your time making money; you can spend all your love making time; when it all falls to pieces tomorrow you’ll still be mine
3. My teachers all laugh, the smirking stares,
Cutting deep down in our affairs.
Preachers of equality,
Think they believe it, then why won’t they just let us be?
4. Jesus take the wheel, take it from my hands, I can’t do this on my own…
5. I met him at the candy store, he turned around and smiled at me you get the picture….
6. Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose
7. You don’t have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
8. We don’t need no education
9. Teach your children well
10. And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make
11. All you need is love, Love is all you need
12. I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now.
13. I guess every form of refuge has its price
14. I’m in heaven, I get carried away. I dream of him and me and how it’s gonna be.
15. Sometimes you really dig a girl the moment you kiss her And then you get distracted by her older sister
Place your answers in the comment section; Quiz ends Monday October 22 @ midnight EST.