Yes! It has taken me almost 2 months to respond to an award I received from Luanne http://writersite.org/about/. She nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
This delayed reaction does not mean I take this award lightly. In fact, it means a great deal to me. As a teacher, this is what I hoped for every day in the classroom… to inspire someone.
So thank you Luanne for the very much cherished award. Check out her blog if you haven’t already… she has been Freshly Pressed!
One requirement of accepting this award is to list 7 facts about me. Read them if you wish, but I promise you – my life is not all that exciting! (and I like it like that)
Stuff About Retired Ruth
1. President George W. Bush once yelled at my dog. (stay tuned for a blog on this event)
2. I live on a farm that was originally deeded to a soldier from the American Revolution.
3. Yesterday I re-enrolled in a writing course that I dropped out of in 2003.
4. At the moment I have a bit of cabin fever since I live in the Midwest where winters are cold and snowy.
5. I have learned more from all of my WordPress blogger friends about writing in the past 9 months than I learned in the first 62 years of my life.
6. I have high expectations of people (another teacher thing).
7. I am getting ready to remodel the kitchen in my 103-year-old farmhouse (advice welcome!)
My next requirement is to nominate other Very Inspiring Bloggers for this very same award.
1.http://misifusa.wordpress.com/about/ Cancer survivor and inspiring writer and human being…
2. http://michelleproulx.wordpress.com/about-me/ Michelle who is a real-life author of a real book! She inspired me to finish the writing course I just signed up for (although she doesn’t even know it!)
3. http://lenadealmeida.wordpress.com/about/ who is a pretty new blogger and is starting out strong. I can’t wait to see where she is going!
4. http://leafandtwig.wordpress.com a beautifully, simple blog featuring photos of nature and observational poetry…. it is my daily inspiration.
5. http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com/ An Irish lass living in the UK who has a very inspiring sense of humor! She keeps me laughing.
6. http://cherispeak.wordpress.com I have just met Cheri but she has wonderful advice on lots of stuff….. she is a professional and maybe she doesn’t do blogger awards but she deserves this one. Go on over and look around… you can spend days there and learn a lot!
7. http://maxiscomments.com/about/ Another very new blogger friend…. she is absolutely Inspiring because her glass is always half full!
Attention all nominees! The rules are simple if you wish to follow them… In a new post, list 7 facts about yourself, nominate other bloggers who deserve this award, and link back to this post. Don’t forget to add the Very Inspiring Blogger badge to your blogsite.
Thanks again to Luanne for nominating me for this award.
The best thing about award pages is the new friends you meet.
Enjoy reading the 7 facts! And can so agree with cabin fever!!! Another grey day in Belgium and a desperate soul yearning for sun and blue skies!
No matter how close or far apart we are…. we all crave sunshine! The sun is shining here today and I went outside a bit, but it is still VERY cold with just enough wind to make it unpleasant. Nice to hear your comment!
Pingback: Unexpected gift | lena de almeida
Congratulations on the award, Ruth. I love your seven things! I, too, can’t wait to hear about your dog. 🙂 It’s so nice to read you re-enrolled in your writing class. You are already a very good writer. Can’t wait for a book from you!
As for your kitchen. The people who owned our house before us remodeled the kitchen. Schrocks of Walnut Creek did the cabinetry, and I love some of the things they incorporated. Two of my lower cupboards have pull-out shelves (upper and lower). All other cabinets have adjustable shelves. Between the two lower cupboards with the pull-out shelves are three large, deep drawers. These are in addition to the four “regular” kitchen drawers just under the counters. A large, wooden, pull-out cutting board is just under the counter next to the sink; it can be used on both sides. A tall pantry cupboard was built next to the refrigerator. The doors open from the center and both doors have shelves on the inside to hold spices and small items. I really enjoy the added conveniences. Have fun with your remodel!
Ooh, and I forgot to mention the little Alice and Jerry picture at the top. I LOVED Alice and Jerry. I even found most of the books for our son to read. The pictures were wonderful. Much better than Dick and Jane if I do say so myself. 😉
I started reading with Alice and Jerry (and Jip) too! Love the illustrations too. I loved the kind of dreamy look they have…. I wasn’t sure whether to update my theme on WordPress or not, but I wanted something that had better readability. I kept the old Chevy so people would know they were on the right page!
Thanks for your kitchen ideas. Its scary. I am tearing everything out and starting from scratch,,, new drywall and everything because underneath the paneling is just old plaster.
I just took measurements today, and made my wish list. Now I am searching through idea books…. I had already decided on drawers for everything that have pull outs… i cannot get down on my hands and knees anymore so I am trying to design everything “old lady friendly” lol
You never know what tomorrow will bring. Congratulations, Ruth. May your days be bright and your heart be full.
Blessings ~ Maxi
Ruth ~ Congratulations to you! I love learning more about you and can’t wait to hear about your pup’s escapades with President Bush! 🙂 Also, I am honored that you nominated me as well ~ thank you so very much! Hugs to you! xo
I know now! Ahahahahaha! Seriously, though, thanks for the nomination, and congrats on finished your writing course!!! (Did you finish it, or re-enroll in it? Either way, good job!)
I re-enrolled…. I was about half way through it… but when I see bloggers (like you) get published, it gets me thinking and writing….. thanks!
Well, I guess you get double congratulations for enrolling twice now 😀 Keep writing, so I can read your book when you write/publish it!!!
Congratulations Ruth, well deserved award, you are truly inspiring.
A big thank you for nominating me too, I feel very honored!
You are welcome! as well as Inspiring!
Congrats, Ruth!!! I’m so pleased for you–and I love the 7 things you listed, eager to learn more about you! You’re a queen! God bless you Big–love, sis Caddo
Well I have not been called a queen before! Thank you. I kind of like that.
Your majesty, Queen Ruth…
Has a nice crown jewel ring to it, I think, Your Majesty!