Yes! It has taken me almost 2 months to respond to an award I received from Luanne http://writersite.org/about/. She nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
This delayed reaction does not mean I take this award lightly. In fact, it means a great deal to me. As a teacher, this is what I hoped for every day in the classroom… to inspire someone.
So thank you Luanne for the very much cherished award. Check out her blog if you haven’t already… she has been Freshly Pressed!
One requirement of accepting this award is to list 7 facts about me. Read them if you wish, but I promise you – my life is not all that exciting! (and I like it like that)
Stuff About Retired Ruth
1. President George W. Bush once yelled at my dog. (stay tuned for a blog on this event)
2. I live on a farm that was originally deeded to a soldier from the American Revolution.
3. Yesterday I re-enrolled in a writing course that I dropped out of in 2003.
4. At the moment I have a bit of cabin fever since I live in the Midwest where winters are cold and snowy.
5. I have learned more from all of my WordPress blogger friends about writing in the past 9 months than I learned in the first 62 years of my life.
6. I have high expectations of people (another teacher thing).
7. I am getting ready to remodel the kitchen in my 103-year-old farmhouse (advice welcome!)
My next requirement is to nominate other Very Inspiring Bloggers for this very same award.
1.http://misifusa.wordpress.com/about/ Cancer survivor and inspiring writer and human being…
2. http://michelleproulx.wordpress.com/about-me/ Michelle who is a real-life author of a real book! She inspired me to finish the writing course I just signed up for (although she doesn’t even know it!)
3. http://lenadealmeida.wordpress.com/about/ who is a pretty new blogger and is starting out strong. I can’t wait to see where she is going!
4. http://leafandtwig.wordpress.com a beautifully, simple blog featuring photos of nature and observational poetry…. it is my daily inspiration.
5. http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com/ An Irish lass living in the UK who has a very inspiring sense of humor! She keeps me laughing.
6. http://cherispeak.wordpress.com I have just met Cheri but she has wonderful advice on lots of stuff….. she is a professional and maybe she doesn’t do blogger awards but she deserves this one. Go on over and look around… you can spend days there and learn a lot!
7. http://maxiscomments.com/about/ Another very new blogger friend…. she is absolutely Inspiring because her glass is always half full!
Attention all nominees! The rules are simple if you wish to follow them… In a new post, list 7 facts about yourself, nominate other bloggers who deserve this award, and link back to this post. Don’t forget to add the Very Inspiring Blogger badge to your blogsite.
Thanks again to Luanne for nominating me for this award.
The best thing about award pages is the new friends you meet.