Join 750 other subscribers
About Life in the 50’s and Retired Ruth
Blogs I Follow
- Real Surfers
- Childhood Memories of growing up in the 1950s and 1960s.
- The Brick House
- Enchanted Seashells by Princess Rosebud
- Sean of the South
- Writing By Laura
- Kaggsy's Bookish Ramblings
- Writing and Illustrating
- The Bipolar Writer Mental Health Blog
- What's Nonfiction?
- Grab the Lapels
- Fatima Fakier
- Roth Poetry
- Smorgasbord Blog Magazine
- Extraordinary Sunshine Weaver
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: mail cars
The Eight O’clock Passenger
The clickety-clack of the eight o’clock passenger train was an alarm clock which signaled the end of summertime evenings. The Pennsylvania track, just a mile from our house, was easily seen from our backyard. It’s tiny yellow windows gleamed brightly … Continue reading
Posted in My Life Tagged boomer blog, mail cars, New York Central, passenger cars, trains 13 Comments